Birth Injury Lawyers
There are a multitude of symptoms and signs of a birth injury, some which may be immediately obvious, and others may take more time to appear. Many birth injuries and impairments happen because of medical malpractice or negligence. If your newborn is experiencing symptoms that could point to a birth injury, it’s recommended that you visit a different doctor right away for proper treatment and then contact a lawyer for advice on what to do next.
Realizing that your baby may have been harmed because of negligence can feel like too much for new parents to bear. It is normal to feel angry and want to hold those at-fault accountable for their actions. If your baby may have been the victim of a birth injury, contact a reputable law firm near you today.
Early signs that a birth injury may have occurred include:
- Seizures that appeared within 48 after delivery
- Bruises, swelling, or abrasions on the head, shoulder, or face
- Appearance that lacks muscle tone
- Excessive drooling
- Trouble with eating and swallowing
- Favoring one side of the body
- One arm or side that is limp
- Limited range of motion
- The infant needed CPR, a breathing tube, or resuscitation post delivery
Later signs of a birth injury that can develop months/years later:
- Inability to walk, sit up, or crawl
- Stiffness of the muscles or joints
- Unable to control arm or leg movements
- Learning or speech difficulties
If your baby is exhibiting signs of a potential birth injury, contact a doctor now for an evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan if needed. Parents who suspect that a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional was at least partially responsible for the birth injury are encouraged to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible, such as the birth injury lawyers from Royce Injury Lawyers, LLC.